The project is divided into three Work Packages (WP): the first focuses on biopower, the second on the data, and the third on the coronial courts.
DBDIrl began in September 2019 with the following objectives:
- Advance the state of the art in the fields of history, computing and data sciences. (WPs 1-3)
- De-silo openly available data to create new knowledge. (WP2/3)
- Establish an open data platform and a centre of excellence in the study of the body. (WP2)
- Develop new methodologies for appraising and analysing historical personal metadata (WPs1-3).
- Demonstrate how small data can speak to big data problems (WPs1-3).
We are grateful for the full cooperation of the General Register Office which has provided a copy of the original index and TIFFs to DBDIrl.